Senior Software Development Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Travel Required: Not Required
Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Languages Required: English
Description of Program
EION is a growing wireless company looking for staff to help us build next generation broadband wireless WiMAX, Wi-Fi and proprietary products. As a key member of the software team the successful candidate will be integral to the software design, implementation and testing of EION’s current and next generation high speed broadband wireless products.
Purpose of Position
The successful candidate will be leading a team that is supporting the current products as well as a key member in the development of a next generation WiMAX product.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following set of tasks:
- Support and feature development for current product offerings
- System design of WiMAX Base Station and Subscriber Station
- Software architecture design
- Software lead assignments
- Software design in an embedded C environment
Skills & Experience
Candidates must have experience and strong knowledge in the following areas:
- C programming and target debugging experience in an embedded environment
- Real-time Operating Systems, RTOS kernels – Linux Preferred
- Networking principles and communication protocols including: TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, ICMP, SNMP, RTP, switches, routers, circuit-switched and packet-switched networks, subnets and gateways
- Broadband standards, 802.16 preferred
- Full cycle of software development including detailed analysis, design, implementation, debugging and developer testing.
It is also beneficial if the successful candidate has the following skills:
- Previous experience in software design for communication systems
- Knowledge and understanding of OFDM and OFDMA systems
- Knowledge and understanding of RF communications and principles
- Understanding of computer telephony, LANs, MANs, WANs, VoIP, QoS, CIR/MBR
- Capable and willing to lead a small team of software developers
A Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Computer engineering or Computer Science with minimum of 5 years related experience is required.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to ,
indicating the position in the subject field. EION would like to thank
all applicants - we will only contact those that are selected for interviews.