VIP Software Development Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Travel Required: Not Required
Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Languages Required: English
Description of Program
The VIP is a patented radio with a proprietary MAC used in the backhauling of Ethernet data in point-to-point and point-to-multipoint configurations. The current radio platform is a proven performer with a very large worldwide population base.
Purpose of Position
The Software Development Engineer will be part of a team that is supporting the current VIP platform as well as a key member in the development of a next generation product. As part of the development team the engineer will be required to work with the team to design, develop, document and maintain all VIP products.
This position involves participation in a team that is performing the analysis, design, implementation, and documentation of the VIP Product Line in accordance with the Software Requirement Specifications and Interface Definitions. The Software Development Engineer will work under the direction of The VIP System Architect and will be responsible for the following:
- Participating in design discussion and the development of the design for new features to meet the customer requirements.
- Implementation and documentation of the software product to meet the design requirements.
- Participating in Design Reviews and Code Inspections.
- Performing design testing and create design documentation for new features.
- Supporting System Architect in the development of software functionality.
- Providing assistance and support to the Product Integration and Test team, as well as qualification of the product.
- Other activities as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience.
- Proven experience of programming in C/C++ (minimum 3 years).
- Proven experience developing software for AMD Supertask
- Experience with Tasking C/C++ Code Compiler
- Experience developing software for embedded Linux
- Proven experience developing design using Code Warrior.
- Knowledge and use of software developmental and test tools.
- Proven experience debugging software.
- Ability to provide a dependable software developmental effort.
- High degree of initiative and ability to complete tasks and provide timely feedback.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, with minimum supervision.
- Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal.
- Experience developing low level Networking software ( TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, sockets, etc.) is an asset.
- Experience in designing and supporting radio control algorithms.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to ,
indicating the position in the subject field. EION would like
to thank all applicants - we will only contact those that are selected